Immunotherapy is treatment that uses certain parts of a person’s immune system to fight diseases such as cancer. This can be done in a couple of ways.
• Stimulating your own immune system to work harder or smarter to attack cancer cells
• Giving you immune system components, such as man-made immune system proteins
What the immune system does
Your immune system is a collection of organs, special cells, and substances that help protect you from infections and some other diseases, germs, bacteria and parasites. Immune cells and the substances they travel through your body to protect it from germs that cause infections. Your immune system is your body’s defense force. It helps keep invading germs out, or kills them if they do get into your body.
The immune system keeps track of all of the substances normally found in the body. Any new substance in the body that the immune system doesn’t recognize raises an alarm, causing the immune system to attack it. However, Cancer cells and normal cells have fewer clear differences. Because of this, the immune system doesn’t always recognize cancer cells as foreign. Cancer cells are less like soldiers of a hostile army and more like traitors within of the human cell population.. Sometimes the immune system recognizes the cancer cells, but the response might not be strong enough to destroy the cancer. Cancer cells themselves can also give off substances that keep the immune system in check.
To overcome this, researchers have found ways to help the immune system recognize cancer cells and strengthen its response so that it will destroy them.
This is a new way to get immune cells called T cells to fight cancer. For this technique, T cells are removed from the patient’s blood and genetically altered in
the lab to have specific antigen receptors (called chimeric antigen receptors, or CARs) on their surface. These receptors will attach to proteins on the surface of
cancer cells. The T cells are then multiplied in the lab and infused back into the patient’s blood, where they can now seek out the cancer cells and launch a precise
immune attack against them. This technique has shown very encouraging results in early clinical trials against some advanced, hard-to-treat types of leukemias and lymphomas.
Natural product with T-cell therapy
In Lentin Plus 1000 – Manufactured by hydrolyzing rice bran using Shiitake mushroom extract via a patented process. It has been scientifically shown that it effectively strengthens the immune system response by increasing the activities of white blood cells, especially increase NK cell activity by 300%, while T and B cell activities increased by 200% and 250% respectively. NK cells are considered by the experts to be the immune system's first line of defense as they work independently to recognize and destroy cancerous and virally infected cells. T and B cells are responsible for producing antibodies and chemical messengers (cytokines) that mobilize the immune system for action.
Check it out http://www.thevitaminbox.com/Lentin_Plus_1000_p/tr00001.htm
Source, American cancer society
Last Medical Review: 03/19/2014
Last Revised: 09/05/2014
- Top Brands
- Top Sellers
- Immune Support
- Sports Nutrition
- Weight Management
- Natural Herbs
- Reducing Side Effect of Radiation by Black Sesame Seeds
- Ayurvedic Home Remedies Recipe to Reduce Blood Clot
- Hightlight 4 products of Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals
- Battle cancer cell naturally
- The Natural Heal - Benefits of Urine Therapy to Cancer
- Get to know one of the wonderful herbal ingredients in G-Herb
- Heal Cancer by Correcting Cell PH Acid-levels
- Receipe to reduce High Blood Pressure
- Tiliacora Triandra Herbal Medicinal Plant
- More articles
- Benefit of a powerful herb - Cordyceps to our body
- Benefit of Coffee Enema to Cancer Patients
- How Hot Ginger Drink Benefit Your Health
- Herbs, and Spices That May Help Fight Cancer
- Simple rules to help you to achieve weight loss
- Great News! about Lentin Plus from Daiwa Pharma
- Cancer Immunotherapy